Superfood: Summer Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (1 cup dry quinoa yields about 2 cups cooked)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon Bloom Organics Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Bloom Organics Garlic Powder
- Lime Juice (about 1-2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon Bloom Organics Sweet Paprika
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained well
- 1 red bell pepper, quarter inch chopped (about 1 cup)
- 6 green onions, root removed, white and part of the greens chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup of chopped cilantro
1. Prepare the Quinoa
2. While the quinoa is cooking, whisk the olive oil, cumin, garlic, lime, salt and sweet paprika together in the bottom of a large bowl to let the flavors marry while you chop the veggies.
3. Rinse and drain the black beans, then chop the veggies; the key is to make the peppers and onions about the same size as the beans.
4. Add the cooked quinoa, beans and veggies to the bowl and gently fold it all together with the dressing. The quinoa can be warm, room temp, or cold when you make the dish. Before serving, let it chill in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes to let the flavors come together. It tastes great served room temperature or chilled.